Tuesday 29 September 2009

Very Merry Baubles.....and Perfume gift bag.


Good Morning,

Two projects today!

Thought I'd share this card today. I've been joining in on the Back To Basics on PCP and this week's lesson was on embossing.
For my card I started with white card layered with Wine coloured card from Artarama by Celebrations of Australia. It has a gold tint in it, which works well for my card. I dry embossed it using my new Spellbinders Impressabilities die 'Flourish'. I should say that I rounded two of the four corners of both these layers.
A strip of Wassail from Basic Grey came next with some gold thread wrapped and knotted round.
I mixed some American Crafts Zing opaque finish white embossing powder with a small amount of Martha Stewart crystal course glitter.
The stamp is Bauble Flakes by Stamp-It and I used VersaMark ink to stamp onto a scrap of gold card, then embossed with my made up mix. Now IRL the image has a beautiful sparkle but sadly you can't see this in the photo.
I matted the stamped image to some plain white before adding it to the card.
The sentiment is from SU and attached to gold card. To finish I added 3 gold brads.
This was a simple card to make which is ideal if like me you have lots to get ready quickly, and still look a little more than ordinary.



My second project is a little gift bag.
On STV this week Lynn is hosting the Potluck Friday challenge and she asked us to pick something we love be it bags, shoes, jewelry, whatever and use it for our project. Well there are a few cards with bags, some T shirts, Shoes etc. and I commented on Mary Anne's one of the ladies who submits gorgeous cards, saying that as my thing was Perfume I wouldn't be able to join in. I didn't have the right stamps and I did look when I shopped on Sunday.
Ha ha.......... Mary Anne to the rescue with a couple of images that I have used here ......what do you think?
I've made the little bag that you will have seen here before, covered the front with some dp from SU. The images have been coloured lightly with Copics, cut out and adhered to the front of the bag. The tag is a stamp from SU - Oval All, that I stamped in Baby Blue onto white card. I've used some ribbon threaded through the top of the bag and the tag and tied off in a bow.
I took the picture with 'some' of my perfume in the background.

Thanks so much for dropping by today, I hope you have a good day.
Till next time.............

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow these are fantastic projects - I also love the Alice card on your last post - you have been busy xx Janet

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the card.

Kathy Jones said...

Two beautiful projects Sue!! Love that christmas card! The baubles are so cool and look fantastic embossed in white with a little sparkle!!

Kerrie said...

Your chrissy card turned out just gorgeous... great embossing

Jose said...

Two gorgeous items, really love the Christmas card it looks so classy.
Jose xx

Elaine Stark said...

I'm blog hoping and had to comment on your lovely blog and cards, I love your tag it makes a gift extra special. Elaine

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful projects! Your Christmas card has such and elegant feel!

Fee said...

Love your card Sue - very elegant

Mandalika said...

I love the christmas card and the little perfume bag is such a great idea.

Bev said...

Fabulous projects sweetie, LOVE the card, it''s so elegant x