Saturday 27 March 2010

Happy Birthday Kez!!!


It was Kerrie's birthday yesterday and this is the little card I made for her. Using one of Mo's illustrations and my first image coloured with Inkadinks. I need a bit more practice but I loved using them. I've started with SU Kraft for the base card followed by chocolate brown and played with some more of the beautiful paper from Kaisercraft - Peachy Keen Collection.

The image is printed on pure luxury card and I've sponged the edge to distress it. Wish I'd done the same with the ribbon really, it looks a bit bright here! The flower was also cut from the dp and layered with a section cut away to lift the petals. A punched swirl and three copper self adhesive brads complete the card.

Hope you have a great week end, I'm back tomorrow to post the 'Roses' challenge card for this month. Chosen by Kym called 'March-ing With The Troups'. Hope you can call past.

Till then..........

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is over the top gorgeous! I have this image and I have never got her to look so good! You rock!

Betty Benton said...

What a sweet card you made for our lovely Kez! Birthdays are a time to celebrate!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Kerrie should absolutely LOVE this! Super cute! Have a great weekend!

Shirley-Anne said...

A delightful card .Love the flourish and the flower at top left. Well done with the colouring of the image .

Theresa's Studio said...

What a great image! Love your coloring and all the details of ribbons, flowers, papers,etc.

Anonymous said...

oh how Cute Sue look at all that is going on in this card I especially love her knees! The colors are so old fashioned I love the whole idea of it.Have a great weekend!

redwasher1 said...

She is so sweet and your coloring is perfect!!!!!!!