Wednesday 10 March 2010

You've got Mail.......






This image is another from Sassy Cheryl called 'Special Delivery' and I thought I'd use it for the second challenge which this week is a sketch.


I chose a sheet of double sided dp from heidi grace design and matched it with American Crafts card in Blueberry, Wine and some Bazzill Basics Rosebud.
A Fiskars apron lace punch was used to punch out the edge of one piece of Blueberry matt.

I sized and printed out the digital image and coloured it using Prisma Pencils and Gamsol.

I've added three flowers punched using an EK Success Retro Flower punch in medium and small and I'm sad to say I've used for the last time my McGill Pine punch.........it's always been a stiff punch to use and sadly I broke it today! The flowers have Plum Kaisercraft pearls for the centres, I also added two more pearls to complete my card.


Thanks for dropping by till next time............

17 comments:

Kerrie said...

I really like the image, and what you have do with it ... isn't it cold.... might put some socks on (LOL)

Sassy Cheryl said...

Sue, this is gorgeous. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the lavenders that you chose along with the papers and embellishments.
Great job!

craftieodmae said...

So sad about your punch, but it happens. Your card is fantastic! Love the paper and those flowers! Thanks for the award hon!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Sue! Love the dp, flowers, color and image! This is my fave of all your wonderful cards! So pretty!

Ann English said...

Wow, Sue, this is so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryls!

The Wired Angel said...

Fantastic job on this card Sue...'love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

chris said...

Hi there Sue
this is so special, love it,I love the purpley hues.
chris xx

Alina said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Sue, I love the colours! Thank you for joining us again!
Hugs, Alina

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card and I love the colours you chose, thanks for joining the challenge.

Jackie =0).

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful card, Sue!! Don't you love Sassy Cheryl's images -- I sure do!

Robyn said...

So sorry about your punch! I have always loved that feature on your cards! Did you get any birthday money to buy a new one???

Curt in Indy said...

You did this challenge proud! What a cute image and you colored it so well! I love all the detail you added and the flowers are beautiful! Best, Curt

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Very cute card! Nice work!

Cathy said...

Sue, This is a gorgeous card and your coloring is always beautiful. Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet.. I love this.. Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.. We hope to see you again...

Unknown said...

Wow nice card, love the flowers and the colours you used. Its beautiful. Great sketch too ... think i'll keep it in mind as I love sketches. xxx

Selma said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading. I can't believe I missed this beauty! I LOVE, LoVE, LOVE this card. The image is so cute, love the colors you used and love those beautiful flowers. This is gorgeous!