Monday 29 March 2010

Polka Dot Label



Nina Brackett is having a sketch challenge as part of her Blog Anniversary. This is a card I made to enter.

I've used Nina's set Lovely Labels for my card. Stamped on white card in Crimson Ink, which I then clear embossed. I'm still waiting for my new Spellbinders so had to cut this out by hand, then pop it up on foam dots to a circle of gold card. I added the leaves from another GKD set called Picture It. Stamped them in Versa Magic Cloud White chalk ink onto some red card. Then cut with a Spellbinder die and attached over the centre of the label with fine foam dots.

The base card is SU Kraft with the front edge punched using Fiskars Apron Lace punch and a strip of red card attached to the bottom of the inside of the card.

The sentiment is from another of Nina's sets, Elegant Post, and I used the same crimson ink to stamp onto the Kraft card. A row of small red gems completes the bottom of the card.

I distressed some white card added the red and white polka dot dp which was also distressed with portions rolled . Then with the aid of my sewing machine I stitched around the outside once in a straight line then the second time over and under the first row.

Before attaching this element to the base, I wrapped some double sided satin ribbon around and finished in a bow.


What do you think? do you like this...........I decided to describe in detail how I made this one .........did you read to the end?..........leave me a comment let me know.

Thanks for dropping by ........hope you'll call back later today for TMITA/PCC.

10 comments:

Juls said...

so much to love about this!!!! Love red!! Love all the polka dots, your torn edges and the stitching detail!! stunning card! Hugs Juls

chris said...

Hi there sue
love your card there is lots to look at, love the red polka dot paper its right up my street.
hugs chris xx

Melissa said...

Such a pur-ti-ful card Sue, I love everything about it. Yes, I read all the way to the end. I also wonder if people read all the way to the end or not.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous! Don't you just love "lovely labels"?

Betty Benton said...

Sue, what a gorgeous card! The dots, the red, the stamps, the ribbon!!!! Love it all! This is fab! And, yes, I did read dit all!

craftieodmae said...

love that set, use mine a lot too! It's gorgeous and I love the polka dots. Lots of detailing!

NinaB said...

This is so lovely, Sue. I love red and kraft together, one of my fave color combos, for sure. The stitching is fantastic, too.

Janice M said...

Sue this is very pretty! I love all the distressing and the color combo too!

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautifully done.... and I did read it all!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the frame and especially all the red-WOW!