Tuesday 23 March 2010

Waiting.........



This card is all about the beautiful illustration!
It's a digital image from Isabella of Isabella's Sketchbook. This image was given to her group over on PCP as soon as the group reached 50 members.

I couldn't wait to colour it and decided to use my Prisma's with Gamsol. I played around with Layouts, I wanted to keep this simple, the image tells the story so no punching or flowers, that's not to say I'll never use them on other cards made with this image, I will, just not for the first one!

Base card is SU Kraft with a layer of white then lilac card from American Crafts. The dp is from the Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue Collection and I used a Spellbinder circle die to cut out the circle to make a 'frame' for the image. Some pale lilac silk ribbon tied in a bow with a couple of tabs are the only other embellishments.

I'll be looking for a nice verse to add to the inside of this card.........I imagine it being given to a Dad who has to work away from home........ or to send to Grandparents.......

If you haven't discovered Isabella's blog here's a link, her illustrations are well worth the visit.

Hope the sun's out where you are..........till next time.....

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

GORGEOUS! I love the image and how you colored her, your coloring is always so perfect!

Theresa's Studio said...

I love this card...you have colored and finished it beautifully. Great layout! Sorry I have not been commenting as of late but hope to be back in a grove soon. Love all your great posts! Thanks for all your comments.

Juls said...

gorgeous image and colours! you have coloured her beautifully! Hugs juls

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Wow Sue! I'm so impressed! Perfect layout and coloring for this image. Great description in you blog post too!

Thank you for the link back to Isabella's!

Wow!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I wish I had the patience of this little one! So cute!

Kerrie said...

Waiting for daddy to come home... cute ...

CraftieConnie said...

Precious card, Sue!

redwasher1 said...

This is just the sweetest image and you did a beautiful job on her!!

Jenny said...

Hi Sue!

Thank you for joining me on the CCS blog hop today! This is my first design team experience and I am loving every minute of it. Love your Blog - fabulous cards too! Thanks so much for the sweet comment - I really appreciate it!