Sunday 28 March 2010

March-ing With The Troups......


It's the last Sunday of the month, so that means it's the Roses Challenge. This month Kym got to pick the challenge and she asked us to make cards to send to her son Travis who is serving in Afghanistan with the US Marines.

I made my card earlier this month and got it sent to the address she gave us. Now you might think this is a strange card to send to a Marine! Well, I was thinking that there would be six of us all doing the same so I would make a card to send along with an envelope that Travis could mail back home. Mother's Day is coming!!!! Also he has a wife, who along with his Mum will be worrying about him until he returns home safe and sound.

The stamp used if from Whiff of Joy, Birdie Love. I've coloured it with Copics and just used a scrap of pretty striped dp over some embossed plain card.

No sentiment, so it could be used for many occasions. I hope it reaches Travis and more important than that, I hope he and all his friends stay safe and return home as soon as possible.

It's Kerrie's turn to pick the challenge for next month, so looking forward to hearing what it will be.


8 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the embossed detail in the background! Hugs juls

Kerrie said...

Just gorgeous ....

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! he wil love it, and you are so mart to think of that! Mine's already gone but wish I had left it blank, but I'll just send him another one LOL

Melissa said...

Such a pretty card Sue, so springy and happy. It makes me want to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine!

Betty Benton said...

This is wonderful Sue! Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to say about it. Love the embossed blue, that gorgeous colorful dp, your beautifully colored image and that striped ribbon! It's all around wonderful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so cool!I'm sure Travis will really appreciate it!

Kym Weber said...

Oh my, Sue! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! What a fabulous idea! Travis is definitely going to love this! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! You've done such a spectacular job!

Luv ya and hugs,
Kym

CraftieConnie said...

Awwwww this is so Pretty! Sue, I love it and so will Travis!
Another beautiful creation Sue-Rose! I am going along with you and Kezzie on sending mine blank!