Saturday 20 March 2010

Seeds and Blossoms on Saturday.


Hello all,

I've a couple of cards to share today, both made for challenges at STV for the April Release.
This first one is for Lee's sketch challenge, I've flipped the sketch and made a gift card.
That's a little pack of seeds and it was perfect for this stamp from a GKD set called Spring Florals.

The card used is GKD kraft, creme de menthe, sweet corn and Ivory for the stamped image.
DP is from Kaisercraft Peachy Keen Collection Pad. The image is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics. The sentiment is from another GKD set called Inside and Out.

I knotted a piece of mint green satin ribbon as the only embellishment and popped the image up with foam tape to enable the seed pack to slide under.

The second card was made for Donna's challenge to make a Monochromatic Monogram card.


So, my understanding of Monochrome cards is that the card is made of various shades of the same colour. I went with pink, for some reason I seem to have quite a bit of it!

The card is made up of three levels, the middle section is popped up on foam dots and the Monogram is also attached with foam.

The base card is again GKD card stock Innocent Pink with a layer of dark pink from American Crafts, this was from my stash as was the dp which is a Grace Taylor for Grant Archival.

The stamp is from Nina Bracket's Lovely Labels stamped in Martha Stewart Hibiscus on a scrap of SU 'pink' card. You might just be able to see that I embossed a frame around the image using my Scor Pal and a bone scorer.

I've used more of the dark pink card as a mat for this focal image. I printed my name using the computer and using a Classic oval die from Spellbinders cut and embossed this from SU Pink Card.

I've added these beautiful three pink blossoms in the corner to complete my card.
Hope you like this one, I was more pleased with it than I thought I would be........echos of the all green card going round in my head lol!


Hope you all have a great week end and manage to find some crafting time. I'll be back on Monday with TMITA Magical Monday, hope you can drop back then.

PS. For all the Aussies..... these blossoms come from an Australian Company !!! www.enthail.com They have beautiful Mulberry Paper Roses too, check them out and let me know what you think.

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Both cards are just awesome! I love your cards, always so pretty!!

Shirley-Anne said...

Very elegant, extremely stylish and certainly not overdone . And , I do like it ...a lot!
Shirley-anne

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are gorgeous as usual! Love the pink one! All the layers are perfect and the embossing around your name is awesome!

Betty Benton said...

The gift card is pretty darn awesome with the packet of seeds and your personalized note card is fabulous!!

Nina said...

both these cards are just so pretty Sue. Love the top one, is that a package of flower seeds that comes out? lovely idea if it is. And you other is soo pretty in pink and love those flowers!

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Beautiful work, Sue!

Doris said...

Great idea for the seed packet (or gift card, etc.) Can you spell CASE???

Curt in Indy said...

What a beautiful card for the seed packet and how clever using the foam tape so you could slide the packet in! Brilliant! Your second card is stunnning. I especially love that embossed line around the center image. So elegant! LOVE IT! Best, Curt

MicheyMoo said...

Both cards are stunning Sue, though I'm especially taken with the monochromatic one. I love it - simple elegance gets me everytime....wonder why I can never master it with my own though?? lol xx