Sunday 7 March 2010

Pink Blessing for a Favourite Aunt.





Hello Blogger's,

I've made another card with one of my new stamps from GKD to share today.
This is Nina Bracket's new set Lovely Labels, and as you can see it's made to work with Spellbinder Nestabilities.

I've followed another of the new challenge hostess's challenge for my card. Tina is hosting the Monday Colour challenge and she has asked us to make cards in Pink and White.

I've used this beautiful label (wish I had the die to match......it's on the wish list!) and one of the sentiment stamps from the same set. Stamped in pink onto pure luxury pure white card from GKD. I've cut mine by hand so be kind.........don't look to close.

My card is layered with Blush card followed by a layer of white and another layer of blush before adding the dp, from Grace Taylor for Grant Archival. My stamped label has been punched with a SU single slot punch so I can thread the pink ribbon and tie a bow at the side.

I stamped the Moth/Butterfly from another GKD set 'Picture It' onto some vellum twice, in pink ink then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Lightly coloured with a Copic marker then cut out both and using some wet glue stuck the two bodies together. I've added small pearls along the body and head to finish this element then attached it with foam tape to my card. Three pearls were added top and bottom to complete my card.

Two paragraphs explain this process that took hours to come up with!! I must be the slowest card maker you know.......True...... I started this card on Friday evening, wasted quite a bit of paper as at one point I was piercing around a layer of white card.......I'm not very good at this technique so that ended up in the trash (well my scrap box). This card grew like Topsy!!!

I plan to send it to my favourite Aunt in the UK who has to go into hospital. She's a bit nervous and knows that she will be in for two weeks, which she's not looking forward to one bit......bless her. Keep her in your thoughts for me...........please.

OK off to catch up on all my crafty friends blogs, so till Monday...........

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love this stamp set, so much you can do with it! Your butterfly is breath taking! Love it!!

Juls said...

gorgeous! very elegant! Hugs Juls

Melissa said...

Sue,

Your card is beautiful! You can't be the slowest cardmaker, that would be me!!! LOL

CathyC said...

beautiful card - the vellum butterfly is just gorgeous!

Robyn said...

Love ir SO much Sue! The DSP you chose is absolutely enchanting and I think I will be CASEing that beautiful layout!

CraftieConnie said...

Gorgeous take on the Pink and White !

CraftieConnie said...

Our thoughts are with her, and she will love this card.