Monday 1 March 2010

Magical Monday .....Saturday chat






This week on TMITA/PCC Magical Monday Patti issued the challenge and it's a sketch.... all we had to do was pick one of Nina's images to work with. I love this little one called 'Saturday Chat' and it fits Patti's sketch perfectly.

I Know you guys in the US and UK are just hanging out for Spring after a shocker of a winter, so I chose some pretty Spring colours for my card.
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the roses. The dp is a sheet from doodlebug design inc. called pinwheel stripe and I've teamed this with lime and pinkie mauve card from American Crafts. Spellbinder classic oval dies were used to cut out the image and the scalloped mat.

Nina's cute image was coloured with Copic markers and I added some sparkle to this cute birds hat, two green gems to finish.

Hope you get the chance to join in this week, the randomly picked winner gets to pick a design from Nina's on-line shop here.

Hope to see you back here tomorrow before the Walsh's Whistle-Stop Sight Seeing Tour hits the road!!!!

Take care.

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, I love that image!! The card just yells Spring ......

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute Sue! Your image does fit the sketch perfectly! Love the embossing and so love the spring time colors!

Danielle said...

Oh Sue, this is adorable! The pretty lilac embossed background is perfect with that dp! The card definitely says 'Hello Spring' - love it!
Hugs, Danielle

Nilla said...

Gorgeous coloring and embossing, Sue! Love all about it! Hugs Nilla

Curt in Indy said...

Honestly, what a darling card. I love this cute image, and the colors and papers you used just make it perfect! Best, Curt

CraftinGranny said...

Definately springish and I love everything about this card. Is that a new cuttlebug embossing folder? First time I've seen it and it is stunning.
"Hugs" Granny

Betty Benton said...

Fantastic card -- love the embossing, the colorful dp, the image and your coloring of it!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love this, the embossed BG is gorgeous, and the image makes me smile, well done!

CraftieConnie said...

THis image is so adorable and your card is lovely!

CraftieConnie said...

THis image is so adorable and your card is lovely!

Selma said...

Yes we did pick the same image. I think it is so cute. Your card is gorgeous completed in pastels. I haven't seen that cuttlebug embossing folder either.

Patti J said...

OMG Sue - you used this adorable image too! what a darling card, and I have fallen in love with this digi!!! Great job with Patti's sketch, dear friend!

Kym Weber said...

Just darling, Sue! That image is so adorable!

Hugs, Kym

Nina said...

this image worked so well for this sketch and I love the colors you chose. LOVE that embossing folder will have to find it! This turned out soo springy and so pretty!