Thursday 4 March 2010

Simply Saturday - 27210

OK so now I'm really pushing the ticket - five days of posting to my blog ......it's just like old times!

I so wanted to make a card for Andrea's Simply Saturday CAS challenge . It's great to make a CAS card during the week..... some people are so clever with these cards. I'm thinking of Kurtis, have you seen his work...... here. I always look at his cards and think why can't I do this!!!!!

Anyway Andrea's card was a beauty so I had to have a go....... here's mine:



I took this picture last night inside ....... ergh horrible trying not to let the flash go!!! sorry it's not the best!!!

Just one A4 sheet of black card and a scrap of gold card.
The stamp from Annabelle Stamps 'Flowers with Love', stamped using VersaMark and gold embossing powder.
Three gold brads.

How simple is that, I just turned the sketch round.

What do you think?

9 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

I love it Sue!!!! It's so elegant. Thanks for sharing!
"Hugs" Granny

CathyC said...

this is so elegant!
I love black & gold!

craftieodmae said...

Aimply breath taking!!! Gorgeous

Andrea said...

Wow Sue! This is gorgeous! So striking!...Yes I love Kurtis as well, and think exactly the same thing LOL - why can't I?
Thanks for taking the time to play along with my sketch :)
Andrea
x

Kerrie said...

Black & Gold, very striking...

Betty Benton said...

Simply stunning, Sue! I love the simplicity of your elegant black and gold card!

Juls said...

goregeous!! love the simple elegance!!

Michelle said...

Hi Sue, your card for the challenge is lovely. Nothing is more elegant than gold embossing, so many people don't do it anymore.Maybe your card will inspire those to go and pull at their heat tools.

CraftieConnie said...

Sue, doesn't the elegance in simplicity just let you marvel at all the beauty around us. Love this card!